Interim results from Regional Relays yesterday
well done everyone
Regional Relays will be held at Mudgeeraba Little Athletics on 14 November.
You must nominate before 24 October so we can finalise teams for track events..
Register by completing a paper form and hand in before 24 October. Ask for a form at the oval, or download here.
WELCOME to Season 20/21
We start the season this Saturday 12th September at 8am
Please ensure you and your child/ children fully understand the following to ensure we are in line with our COVID Safe plan:
- That there is strictly no hands on each contact between athletes – we all keep our hands to ourselves.
- That 1.5m physical distancing must be adhered to at all times (athletes excepted when warming up or competing only).
- All parents/ caregivers to sign in using the QR Code or the sign in sheet so their attendance is recorded
- Athletes attendance is recorded through Results HQ as part of the event participation
- We will have equipment disinfecting protocols in place to clean throwing equipment between each age group- we will need parent help to complete this after each age group has completed their event.
- Personal hygiene procedures and expectations are followed (we have signage up), sanitiser stations will be available and the portable toilets will be open with hand wash
- Athletes advised to bring their own water bottles.
- We recommend you download and use the COVID Safe app on your phone
- WE REQUIRE ACTIVE PARTICIPATION FROM PARENTS TO ASSIST AT EVENTS- recording, measuring, retrieving, assisting with age group management
A parent or responsible person but be present with athletes at all times – there is NO drop off and come back later to pick-up.
We have two (2) COVID Safe Officers within the club – Ashley Challis and Sheree Scott. If you have any questions at all or any concerns please come and speak to either of us and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Your assistance and understanding throughout this time is appreciated and we are looking forward to a great season ahead.
Registrations are now open for the 2020/2021 season
All registrations are to be completed online via the link below – please register before you come down to the oval if you can.
If you wish to register as a trialist please complete the form and bring it along to either a sign on day or the first week of competition (12th September come down between 7.30 and 7.50am)
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our drive-thru on Sunday 24 May.
At this stage, we are still hoping to start the new season in September. We will advise further details when we know them.
Thanks for all your patience and support.
The long-awaited end-of-season awards will be distributed via a drive-by collection on Sunday 24 May.
You have been notified by email if your child is receiving an award.
Captains speeches and seniors awards presentation – 10.00am – 10.30am (Facebook Live streamed)
Under 6s, 7s and 8s – 10.30am – 11.00am
Under 9s , 10s, 11s – 11.00am – 11.30am
Under 12s, 13s, 14s – 11.30am -12.00pm
Under 15s and Under 16s – 12.00pm – 12.30pm
If you have more than one child, you will collect for all children at the time of your youngest child receiving an award.
We will be setup in the bottom carpark area of the field (near retirement home) and allow your child to collect their awards in keeping with current Covid-19 restrictions. Please follow instructions and areas we will have setup on the day.
We will have committee on site to take photos if you wish to have them taken, but we do ask that parents remain in the car.
We look forward to seeing you and being able to acknowledge the achievements from the 2019/2020 season.
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, our presentation day has been postponed indefinitely.
It is impossible at this point to announce a new date and the ongoing uncertainty and rules make personal trophy collection difficult, with border closures, limited gathering numbers etc.
We will announce trophy recipients and distribute trophies as soon as we are able.
Our AGM is also postponed to an unknown date. We will consider options on how to manage this and advise in due course.
We appreciate your understanding at this time and hope everyone is staying safe, well and active!