Well done to everyone on a great weekend for Regional Championships.
Results can be found here – Tweed Progression to State – Regional results Highlighted athletes have progressed through to State. (Hope I have not missed anyone as I was going through them).
An email will be sent out to all members in regards to State Championships
The is no normal little athletics this Saturday 6 February due to Regional Championships.
Program booklet with names in events – Sth Coast Region
Program of event times (All times are in QLD time)
– All athletes need to be in FULL TWEED UNIFORM. So have your number on the front, age patch on the L sleeve and Coles on the R chest). Shorts or bummers must be club shorts. Definitely No other Logo’s etc. Black skins may be worn and must be covered with shorts.
BBQ Roster for the weekend still needs some helpers – See below for your time slots
Discus Roster – Some helpers also needed to fill gaps
– Parents are responsible to assure their children make it to their events – there will be one (1) marshalling call per event.If all athletes and families congregate together at our club tents its makes for a good weekend of our club being together.
– Please be there no later than 1 hour before your first scheduled event. They do bring events forward when possible and the first call of events is 7.30am on Saturday (QLD Time).
– Please do not leave messages on Facebook or email as it will not be monitored accept to update any changes eg weather.
– COVID-19 plans are in place. We ask that all attendees follow instructions and all parents and family members sign in using the QR Code
– Please bring lots of your own water as there are no water jugs at events.
Canteen will be available for food and drinks over the weekend with cash and EFTPOS accepted. Only drinks and icy poles available on Friday for the Walks
Tweed Little Athletics will be hosting the South Coast Regional Championships from the 5th to the 7th February 2021.
Nominations are now open – Nominations can be completed through your family portal login – Nominations – Tweed LAC Regional Carnival – Begin Nomination
Nominate up to 5 events per athlete (Nomination cost is covered by the club this season)
If you cannot complete online through the family portal please complete the form and either email to email@example.com or give it to us on Saturday. Nominations will close on the 23rd January 2021.
Interim results from Regional Relays yesterday
well done everyone
Regional Relays will be held at Mudgeeraba Little Athletics on 14 November.
You must nominate before 24 October so we can finalise teams for track events..
Register by completing a paper form and hand in before 24 October. Ask for a form at the oval, or download here.
WELCOME to Season 20/21
We start the season this Saturday 12th September at 8am
Please ensure you and your child/ children fully understand the following to ensure we are in line with our COVID Safe plan:
- That there is strictly no hands on each contact between athletes – we all keep our hands to ourselves.
- That 1.5m physical distancing must be adhered to at all times (athletes excepted when warming up or competing only).
- All parents/ caregivers to sign in using the QR Code or the sign in sheet so their attendance is recorded
- Athletes attendance is recorded through Results HQ as part of the event participation
- We will have equipment disinfecting protocols in place to clean throwing equipment between each age group- we will need parent help to complete this after each age group has completed their event.
- Personal hygiene procedures and expectations are followed (we have signage up), sanitiser stations will be available and the portable toilets will be open with hand wash
- Athletes advised to bring their own water bottles.
- We recommend you download and use the COVID Safe app on your phone
- WE REQUIRE ACTIVE PARTICIPATION FROM PARENTS TO ASSIST AT EVENTS- recording, measuring, retrieving, assisting with age group management
A parent or responsible person but be present with athletes at all times – there is NO drop off and come back later to pick-up.
We have two (2) COVID Safe Officers within the club – Ashley Challis and Sheree Scott. If you have any questions at all or any concerns please come and speak to either of us and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Your assistance and understanding throughout this time is appreciated and we are looking forward to a great season ahead.
Registrations are now open for the 2020/2021 season
All registrations are to be completed online via the link below – please register before you come down to the oval if you can.
If you wish to register as a trialist please complete the form and bring it along to either a sign on day or the first week of competition (12th September come down between 7.30 and 7.50am)
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our drive-thru on Sunday 24 May.
At this stage, we are still hoping to start the new season in September. We will advise further details when we know them.
Thanks for all your patience and support.