Our end of Season presentation day has been postponed due to the wet weather until Sunday 16 May starting at 2pm at Walter Peate Oval.
There will be a sausage sizzle and sno cone for athletes and some inflatable fun as well.
Awards will be presented to athletes in all age groups for Track and for field as well as additional recognition awards.
60% attendance at centre competition days is required to be eligible to receive awards.
Important information for all attending State Championships this weekend. Team manager on Friday will be Andrew Barkworth
Good Luck – Go Tweed
1) A Nominated Athletes’ List and revised Event Order are posted on LAQ Webpage Calendar. Please note some events have had slight time changes.
2) The Nissan Arena is hosting a basketball game on Saturday night, with a large crowd expected. This means that access and parking that afternoon and evening will be challenging and beyond our control. While parking arrangements are being negotiated with venue, we highly recommend that families who have athletes competing on Saturday afternoon or evening, consider the following:
- if not necessary do not leave the arena
- if you leave the arena with plans to return for later events, reconsider plans or allow extra time to gain access and find parking
- use carpooling where possible
3) Due to COVID requirements, entry to the main stadium will be via the south ramp from the following times:
- Friday 2:00pm
- Saturday 7:30am
- Sunday 7:30am
The SAF arena will be available for warm-up during the competition, check-in must be completed prior to entry. Events calls / announcements will not be made in the SAF arena.
4) With COVID restrictions in place:
- If you are experiencing any signs of illness, or do not need to be at the competition, we ask that you please refrain from attending.
- Please ensure you have read the LAQ COVID Adviceand Code of Conduct before arriving at the arena.
- Have your smart devices charged and ready to scan the check-in/out code upon entry and exit. All members must check-in.
- Anyone attending the competition must adhere to social distancing guidelines. COVID Officers will be on site.
- Program booklets will be sold at this event– EFTPOS only. An electronic copy will be available on the LAQ Webpage Calendar.
Athletics is cancelled today Sat 6 March due to grounds too wet and continuing rain
Well done to all who competed at the LAQ Combined Events
We have 2 more weeks left of the Season
- Saturday 6 March – Little Athletics on at Kingscliff
- Saturday 13 March – Little Athletics on at Kingscliff
Friday 19 March – Sunday 21 March State Championships in Brisbane – Good Luck !!
End of season presentation day – Date to be finalised
Well done to everyone on a great weekend for Regional Championships.
Results can be found here – Tweed Progression to State – Regional results Highlighted athletes have progressed through to State. (Hope I have not missed anyone as I was going through them).
An email will be sent out to all members in regards to State Championships
The is no normal little athletics this Saturday 6 February due to Regional Championships.
Program booklet with names in events – Sth Coast Region
Program of event times (All times are in QLD time)
– All athletes need to be in FULL TWEED UNIFORM. So have your number on the front, age patch on the L sleeve and Coles on the R chest). Shorts or bummers must be club shorts. Definitely No other Logo’s etc. Black skins may be worn and must be covered with shorts.
BBQ Roster for the weekend still needs some helpers – See below for your time slots
Discus Roster – Some helpers also needed to fill gaps
– Parents are responsible to assure their children make it to their events – there will be one (1) marshalling call per event.If all athletes and families congregate together at our club tents its makes for a good weekend of our club being together.
– Please be there no later than 1 hour before your first scheduled event. They do bring events forward when possible and the first call of events is 7.30am on Saturday (QLD Time).
– Please do not leave messages on Facebook or email as it will not be monitored accept to update any changes eg weather.
– COVID-19 plans are in place. We ask that all attendees follow instructions and all parents and family members sign in using the QR Code
– Please bring lots of your own water as there are no water jugs at events.
Canteen will be available for food and drinks over the weekend with cash and EFTPOS accepted. Only drinks and icy poles available on Friday for the Walks
Tweed Little Athletics will be hosting the South Coast Regional Championships from the 5th to the 7th February 2021.
Nominations are now open – Nominations can be completed through your family portal login – Nominations – Tweed LAC Regional Carnival – Begin Nomination
Nominate up to 5 events per athlete (Nomination cost is covered by the club this season)
If you cannot complete online through the family portal please complete the form and either email to email@example.com or give it to us on Saturday. Nominations will close on the 23rd January 2021.
Interim results from Regional Relays yesterday
well done everyone
Regional Relays will be held at Mudgeeraba Little Athletics on 14 November.
You must nominate before 24 October so we can finalise teams for track events..
Register by completing a paper form and hand in before 24 October. Ask for a form at the oval, or download here.