We are so sad to advise that our planned Presentation Day in April is now unable to be held 😭.
We know our athletes and families value this day to celebrate the season and recognise achievements.
We have set up a poll on our Facebook page with the options below if you would like to have input in how to proceed with presenting awards.
Your feedback is highly valued so we can move forward in a way that suits the majority of the club.
We thank everyone for your patience and understanding while we navigate these unknown times and will advise of the outcome in due course.
Unfortunately a decision has been made based on current advice – see LAQ website or our Facebook page for more details
General Information for all…
- The competition is being conducted on the QSAC main arena, an all-weather venue. as such, competition / events will only be cancelled or postponed due to severe weather conditions. Spectators and athletes should prepare for all possible weather conditions. Any updated details will be posted on the LAQ website and Facebook page
Program – Updated Event Order
- Program times may be brought forward up to 30 minutes, we recommend athletes arrive at the grounds at least 45 – 60 minutes prior to the program time. Latest version can be found on the LAQ Calendar webpage for this event
- There will only be one call (announcement) per event or event block. Calls will normally be 20 – 25 minutes prior to the program time.
- Athletes must present to the Call Room and or Field events in correct approved Centre uniform. We recommend that any athlete reporting to the field events, takes a bottle of water and a hat.
- Spike Shoes (U11 – U17’s): The only permitted spike style permitted on the SAF are Christmas Tree and Pyramid – please note the picture provided in the LAQ Competition Handbook are example of the styles. At track events spikes must not exceed 7mm; at field events spikes must not exceed 9mm. Refer to the Competition Handbook for spike allowances per age group
- A list on nominated athletes will be posted soon on the LAQ State Championship webpage and calendar page. The program booklet (to view or download) will also be posted on the same page in the coming days. Hard copy programs will be on sale for $5.00
- Live results will be available through the LAQ Competition Results page https://laq.org.au/competition/resullts/ and will be updated during the competition. Users must remember to refresh the web browser when viewing the results multiple times.
- Members will have access to all seating areas of the Western Grandstand – corporate boxes may be used. Access and use of the Eastern and Southern stands is restricted to the first four 4) rows to view the long / triple jump, high jump and or shot put events. Please be sure to take rubbish with you to ensure ongoing use of these areas.
- Athletes wising to use own throwing implements (added to the event pool), need to check in items in at least 1 hour prior to the event start time. Equipment Check in will be located in the undercover area behind the glass on ground level.
- The SAF facility will be available for athletes to warm up and cool down. A PA for Event Calls will not be in use on the SAF arena. Athletes will be responsible for ensuring that they report to the competition arena and call room at the required times.
- Under the terms of facility use, Uber Eats, Menu log etc. food deliveries will not be permitted to deliver food into the premise. Homemade food is permissible; however, glass containers and bottles are forbidden due to safety requirements.
- Nordic Sport will have limited number of souvenir shirt; their stall can be found on Level 2.
- The Official Photographers Medal Shots will be selling photos on site on Level, and post event. Photos taken during the competition can be viewed through their website: www.medalshots.com
- Engravers from Affordable Trophies will be on site on level 2.
Firstly a huge congratulations to all of the athletes who competed on the weekend at Regional Championships. You performed extremely well and showed great sportsmanship at your events. Thank you to everyone
Full results are accessible here regional results feb 2020
- (Note there is an error in the under 9 girls 700m Walk – Aila came 1st and this has been notified to Chris Anderson)
Anyone who has qualified for state (see email that has been sent to all) please email back to say you are attending state or text Sheree on 0417 599 829. Fee to attend state is $4 per event qualified for which is payable to the club.
We need to have an answer no later than 5pm this Tuesday please.
State Championships is in Brisbane on the 13th to the 15th March – DRAFT event order State Champs 2020
The rescheduled Regional Carnival is planned for this weekend Fri 21 Feb – Sun 23 Feb.
To view the full program of events, including the athletes competing, click here: Regionals Program Booklet
The field at Pizzey Park has been inspected and the track and the in-field is too wet to be deemed safe for competition. As a result the South Coast Regional Championships has been postponed until next weekend with the walks being held on Friday 14th Feb and the program of events to continue on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th February.
The season resumes on Saturday 11th January at 8am in Kingscliff.
A few important dates to be aware of
Sunday 12th Jan – Walks Day Ashmore Little Athletics. Commences 8.30am (QLD Time) $5 on the day registration
Nominations for South Coast Regional Championships are OPEN – Register now via your Results HQ Family Portal
Saturday 29th Feb and Sunday 1st March – McDonalds Multi Event Championships. Nominate through family portal.
Christmas Twilight this Thursday 19th December commencing at 5pm. Come along for some Christmas fun – dress up if you like (but remember to wear your club shirt).
There is no athletics on Saturday 21st December.
We will return after the Christmas and New Year break on the 11th January 2020 (8am) for our first day back for the second half of the season.