Thanks to everyone who joined us for our drive-thru on Sunday 24 May.
At this stage, we are still hoping to start the new season in September. We will advise further details when we know them.
Thanks for all your patience and support.
The long-awaited end-of-season awards will be distributed via a drive-by collection on Sunday 24 May.
You have been notified by email if your child is receiving an award.
Captains speeches and seniors awards presentation – 10.00am – 10.30am (Facebook Live streamed)
Under 6s, 7s and 8s – 10.30am – 11.00am
Under 9s , 10s, 11s – 11.00am – 11.30am
Under 12s, 13s, 14s – 11.30am -12.00pm
Under 15s and Under 16s – 12.00pm – 12.30pm
If you have more than one child, you will collect for all children at the time of your youngest child receiving an award.
We will be setup in the bottom carpark area of the field (near retirement home) and allow your child to collect their awards in keeping with current Covid-19 restrictions. Please follow instructions and areas we will have setup on the day.
We will have committee on site to take photos if you wish to have them taken, but we do ask that parents remain in the car.
We look forward to seeing you and being able to acknowledge the achievements from the 2019/2020 season.
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, our presentation day has been postponed indefinitely.
It is impossible at this point to announce a new date and the ongoing uncertainty and rules make personal trophy collection difficult, with border closures, limited gathering numbers etc.
We will announce trophy recipients and distribute trophies as soon as we are able.
Our AGM is also postponed to an unknown date. We will consider options on how to manage this and advise in due course.
We appreciate your understanding at this time and hope everyone is staying safe, well and active!
We are so sad to advise that our planned Presentation Day in April is now unable to be held 😭.
We know our athletes and families value this day to celebrate the season and recognise achievements.
We have set up a poll on our Facebook page with the options below if you would like to have input in how to proceed with presenting awards.
Your feedback is highly valued so we can move forward in a way that suits the majority of the club.
We thank everyone for your patience and understanding while we navigate these unknown times and will advise of the outcome in due course.
Unfortunately a decision has been made based on current advice – see LAQ website or our Facebook page for more details
General Information for all…
- The competition is being conducted on the QSAC main arena, an all-weather venue. as such, competition / events will only be cancelled or postponed due to severe weather conditions. Spectators and athletes should prepare for all possible weather conditions. Any updated details will be posted on the LAQ website and Facebook page
Program – Updated Event Order
- Program times may be brought forward up to 30 minutes, we recommend athletes arrive at the grounds at least 45 – 60 minutes prior to the program time. Latest version can be found on the LAQ Calendar webpage for this event
- There will only be one call (announcement) per event or event block. Calls will normally be 20 – 25 minutes prior to the program time.
- Athletes must present to the Call Room and or Field events in correct approved Centre uniform. We recommend that any athlete reporting to the field events, takes a bottle of water and a hat.
- Spike Shoes (U11 – U17’s): The only permitted spike style permitted on the SAF are Christmas Tree and Pyramid – please note the picture provided in the LAQ Competition Handbook are example of the styles. At track events spikes must not exceed 7mm; at field events spikes must not exceed 9mm. Refer to the Competition Handbook for spike allowances per age group
- A list on nominated athletes will be posted soon on the LAQ State Championship webpage and calendar page. The program booklet (to view or download) will also be posted on the same page in the coming days. Hard copy programs will be on sale for $5.00
- Live results will be available through the LAQ Competition Results page https://laq.org.au/competition/resullts/ and will be updated during the competition. Users must remember to refresh the web browser when viewing the results multiple times.
- Members will have access to all seating areas of the Western Grandstand – corporate boxes may be used. Access and use of the Eastern and Southern stands is restricted to the first four 4) rows to view the long / triple jump, high jump and or shot put events. Please be sure to take rubbish with you to ensure ongoing use of these areas.
- Athletes wising to use own throwing implements (added to the event pool), need to check in items in at least 1 hour prior to the event start time. Equipment Check in will be located in the undercover area behind the glass on ground level.
- The SAF facility will be available for athletes to warm up and cool down. A PA for Event Calls will not be in use on the SAF arena. Athletes will be responsible for ensuring that they report to the competition arena and call room at the required times.
- Under the terms of facility use, Uber Eats, Menu log etc. food deliveries will not be permitted to deliver food into the premise. Homemade food is permissible; however, glass containers and bottles are forbidden due to safety requirements.
- Nordic Sport will have limited number of souvenir shirt; their stall can be found on Level 2.
- The Official Photographers Medal Shots will be selling photos on site on Level, and post event. Photos taken during the competition can be viewed through their website: www.medalshots.com
- Engravers from Affordable Trophies will be on site on level 2.
Firstly a huge congratulations to all of the athletes who competed on the weekend at Regional Championships. You performed extremely well and showed great sportsmanship at your events. Thank you to everyone
Full results are accessible here regional results feb 2020
- (Note there is an error in the under 9 girls 700m Walk – Aila came 1st and this has been notified to Chris Anderson)
Anyone who has qualified for state (see email that has been sent to all) please email back to say you are attending state or text Sheree on 0417 599 829. Fee to attend state is $4 per event qualified for which is payable to the club.
We need to have an answer no later than 5pm this Tuesday please.
State Championships is in Brisbane on the 13th to the 15th March – DRAFT event order State Champs 2020
The rescheduled Regional Carnival is planned for this weekend Fri 21 Feb – Sun 23 Feb.
To view the full program of events, including the athletes competing, click here: Regionals Program Booklet